City of Redding Podcast
Downtown Specific Plan Update, Airport Strategic Plan, Funding for Rapid Rehousing, and more in this City Council Update
December 22, 2021
Curious about last night’s City Council Meeting? Here’s a quick recap on the wide range of topics that were covered, presented by Janelle Galbraith, Economic Development, Innovation and Equity Manager for The City of Redding.
Among the topics addressed last night were:
- The City Council recognizes the U-Prep School Girls Volleyball Team for winning the 2021 California Division IV State Championship
- The commemoration of REU’s 100th anniversary of public power in The City of Redding.
- Mayor Schreder considers new appointments for the Community Development Advisory Committee (CDAC) and the Community Services Advisory Commission (CSAC)
- The Downtown Specific Plan Update is postponed
- The Permanent Local Housing Allocation Five-Year Plan (PLHA) is amended to support the CIRT and provide funding for rapid rehousing, transitional or permanent supportive housing opportunities.
- Redding Police replaced their current Records Management software vendor and upgrade with Motorola Solutions.
- Public Works will develop an Airport Strategic Plan to ensure current Airport growth can be supported in the future with new facilities, staff, and capital improvements.
Council Meeting Agenda>>
Check out the video here>>